Light Bulb Web Design Blog
7 things your website home page needs and why
Short and to the point :)
- A clear tagline to introduce exactly what you offer – let visitors instantly know if they've come to the right place.
- A short sentence that clearly outlines the value you bring to your clients – don't just tell them what you do, tell them why.
- One call to action – don't make visitors have to think or choose what they need to do next.
- An intro paragraph aimed at your ideal client – not just a meaningless 'Welcome to..' section.
- Short introductions to your core website pages/services with an obvious link to take visitors there for more information.
- Case Studies or Testimonials – Show that your clients are happy and let them do the shouting for you.
- Social media links – put these in the footer area, not the top of the page. You need to avoid people visiting your website and very quickly disappearing off to social media where they get lost and never find you again! These links prove that you exist outside of your website.
Keep it simple – don't overload your home page with more information than the visitor needs – let them easily skim the overall story about your business, services, or products, and make sure it's easy for them to find out more by visiting other pages on your website.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.